March Madness is BAAAAAACK!
It’s my favorite time of year – winter is leaving us, warmer weather is on the way, and the college basketball regular season has wrapped up. This weekend, teams will be traveling to various cities to play in their conference championships. For a lot of bubble teams, how they play in conference tournaments determines their fate in Sunday’s Selection Show.
March Madness this year is a little more nerve-racking thanks to Quicken Loans. They have decided to place a value on the perfect NCAA men’s basketball bracket – and that value is a BILLION dollars. The first three million people to sign up for the Quicken Loan Challenge have a chance to win. This challenge is not as simple as it seems. Not only do you have to pick each winning team correctly, you also have to pick the final score which will be used as a tie breaker (should there be a tie).
Despite the hidden rules, I of course entered the challenge. I mean, why not? It’s free! I will definitely be paying very close attention this weekend to conference tournaments before I pick my teams come Monday morning. In the meantime, I’ve been having fun thinking about what I could possibly do with a billion dollars.
Assuming I’d get about half of it after taxes and such, here are a couple of things I would like to do with the money:
- Pay my parents. No amount would ever cover all that they’ve given me, but I’d sure try.
- Set up college funds for future kids in my family and pay for my cousins who are currently in college and on their way to college in the next few years.
- Take my family and closest friends on multiple awesome vacations.
- Buy a house. Nothing too fancy – just comfortable.
- Invest in some young entrepreneurs. I’m willing to take chances. Heck, I took a chance by entering this challenge.
- Donate generously. I’d give to organizations that are near to my heart – The University of Arizona and Locks of Love. If I win this challenge, it will be because of my alma mater. I’m obviously picking them to win the whole thing! 🙂 Locks of Love is an organization I’ve given 5 hair donations to. They make wigs for children with cancer and alopecia.
- Give $10 million to Nathan Allen (because we shook on it).
Good luck to everyone filling brackets; and last but not least, BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!